What, for whom and how
I help entrepreneurs and companies in a straightforward way to define the business they are in, find their customers, position and build their brand, organize their organization and communication accordingly, and advise on which marketing tech to use to generate leads.
I do not promise the moon or guaranteed sales, because ultimately the entrepreneur is the one who has to do the work. I can advise, help make choices and teach things, but in the end your success rests on the company´s efforts and how well you implement the solution.
Because of my almost 30 years of experience, I know that companies often focus on tactics, while the strategic basis is not there. For example, people are busy with social media, but do not have a clear idea of who the customer is. As a result, the efforts on Facebook, for example, do not achieve the intended effect.
In 9 out of 10 cases, the lack of success comes from not properly defining the market and the target audience. Companies want to serve too many different target groups. Large Dutch retailer V&D is the sad example of this. V&D had been around since 1887 but could not choose which customers they wanted to serve. So they tried to be everything to everyone and as a result they declared bankruptcy in 2015.
That’s why I help to lay the strategic foundation:
- What do you stand for as an entrepreneur and how do you implement this in your company and brand? – Entrepreneur Positioning.
- Which customers do you choose? Which products/services do you offer? And how to distinguish yourself from your competition? – Business Positioning.
- How to consistently and distinctly build your brand? And how to make true on the brand promise to the customer so that you create more value for your customer and yourself? – Brand Positioning.
- How to set yourself apart as an employer? And how to make true on the employer brand promise to your employees after they have been hired? – Employer Positioning & Branding.
- How to align effective brand communication, lead generation and internal communication with your strategic choices and your promise to the customer? How to communicate your brand promise? – Communication Positioning.
- How to align your organization and the corresponding internal processes with the demands of your customers and the market? How can you do what you promise and strategized? – Strategic Fit.
- What marketing tech to use to effectively and efficiently reach your target audience and convert? – Lead Generation.
- I can also help in situations where you are not reaching your goals, but you do not understand why, or you do not know how to fix it. Through a thorough problem analysis I find the cause and offer solutions. – Problem-Solving.
My 30 years of experience at large Dutch companies such as Post NL, Nuon, Wehkamp, ING and many SME companies, has taught me that I am best at helping D2C and B2B companies that provide a service – whether or not in combination with a product – or engage in e-commerce.
I like to work with entrepreneurs and companies with ambition, people who want to move forward and want to grow. They are willing to do the work that is needed to reach their goals as without excuses and expecting a free lunch.
I also support marketing agencies and specialists who do not possess this strategic positioning, branding and marketing knowledge. They realize that their client´s brand or business positioning affects marketing effectiveness, and needs work. They are looking for a specialist to support them.
My approach is no-nonsense and result-oriented. In a constructive way I will tell you how I see it and what the possibilities are. I do not believe in beating around the bush, vague promises, or revealing so-called secrets to success. I believe in doing your homework, making smart choices, developing up and implementing your plans, and tweaking where necessary.
We can collaborate in multiple ways. Every issue requires its own approach. I therefore offer my services and guidance through different roles according to what fits the situation and the budget. Possible forms are:
- Done-for-you strategist
- Done-with-you sparring partner
- Do-it-yourself marketing consults
The first step is to plan a no-obligation online introductory meeting of 30 minutes. You fill in a questionnaire beforehand and return it to me. No conversation without a questionnaire. During the online session we discuss your situation and I indicate how I can further help you further.
Please fill out the form on the contact page.